Struggling to find a vegan and gluten-free dessert? Here’s a recipe that might catch your interest.
Preparation time: less than 30 mins
Cooking time: less than 10 mins
Quantity: 6 pancakes
- 65g rice flour
- 65g tapioca flour
- ½ very ripe banana
- 300ml almond milk
- 2 tbsp. rapeseed oil or coconut oil, for frying
- 1½ bananas, sliced
- A handful of large-sized blueberries
- 30g toasted pecans
- 6 tbsp. maple syrup
- Put the flours, banana and almond milk in a food processor and blitz until you have a smooth batter (approximately having the consistency of single cream). Then pour the mixture into a jug.
- Heat a 20-25cm/8-10 inches non-stick frying pan and brush it with a little amount of oil. Pour in some of the batter and swirl it around the pan to make a full-sized pancake. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the pancake appears to be golden from the edges. Then, flip it over with a spatula. Cook until golden on both sides. Repeat with the remaining batter. You can keep the cooked pancakes warm by wrapping them in foil and placing in a low temperature oven.
- Put the pancakes on plates and add toppings of bananas, blueberries, pecans and maple syrup. Serve immediately.