Low Carb Pizza
Are you one of those pizza freaks but still can’t have it?Here is the solution to fulfill your pizza cravings.
This recipe is the perfect solution for those who are on Keto diet.
It is an ultimate guide to prepare a meal which is full of fiber and low in carbs.
So try it out and don’t forget to save this recipe to make a low carb pizza.
For the pizza base
- 175g ground almonds
- 75g coarsely grated, peeled turnip
- 1 medium egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp finely grated Parmesan
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus some additional amount for drizzling
- A pinch of salt
For the sauce
- 200g chopped tomatoes
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp dry basil leaves
- Ground black pepper
For the topping
- 50g smoked beef or smoked chicken
- 100g mushrooms, sliced (preferably closed cup or button mushrooms)
- 1–2 tbsp finely grated Parmesan
- Black olives as per desire
- Fresh basil as per desire
- Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7. Line a large baking sheet with baking paper.
- Put the almonds, grated turnip, egg, Parmesan, oil, and a pinch of salt in a large bowl and mix thoroughly to make a slightly sticky dough. (If the dough is very sticky, add extra almonds or Parmesan cheese to the mixture.)
- Put the dough on the prepared baking sheet, cover with another piece of baking paper and roll with a rolling pin, or pat the dough firmly with your hands until it’s about 23cm/9inches in diameter. Remove the top piece of baking paper, drizzle with a little oil and bake for 10 minutes, or until firm and lightly browned around the edges.
- While the dough is cooking, place the tomatoes, garlic, tomato purée and dry basil leaves in a food processor and blend until the mixture is combined well, but is not completely smooth. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- For the topping, fry mushrooms and roasted beef together in a medium frying pan for about 5 minutes, or until lightly browned, adding a splash of oil if needed.
- Take the pizza base out of the oven and spread tomato sauce over it. Next, scatter roasted beef and mushrooms and sprinkle the Parmesan. Season with ground black pepper, drizzle with a little oil and bake for a further 1–2 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Scatter a few more basil leaves over the top, drizzle with oil and serve.