Want to have something new on your breakfast table?
This recipe will be a healthy and naturally sweet addition to your breakfast.
Swipe, read & try this out!
Prep time: 5 to 10 minutes
- 150g coconut oil or unsalted butter
- 80g soft pitted dates
- 1 tbsp. acacia honey
- Pinch of cinnamon powder
- Pinch of salt
- In a small food processor, blend the coconut oil or butter, dates (we used amber), honey, cinnamon and salt. Chill until needed and can be stored for up to a week.
- Heat the spray oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the chicken breasts, and fry them for about 10 minutes, or until they are well browned on both sides. Then, keep them aside for a while.
- In the same pan, add a little more oil and fry the onion for 2–3 minutes, or until it appears to be translucent. Add the garlic and fry for another 1–2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and fry until they are golden-brown. If they start to stick, add a little stock to the pan.
- Put the chicken back into the pan and stir in the stock. Bring to boil, then cover the pan with a tight fitting lid, lower the heat and simmer for 12–15 minutes, or until the chicken is properly cooked. Don’t forget to add salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Side by side, cook the broccoli in salted boiling water until it becomes tender.
- Stir the crème fraiche/sour cream and parsley into the sauce and serve immediately with the broccoli.