Creamy Mushroom Chicken
When you cannot decide what to include in the menu, Creamy Mushroom Chicken is the safest bet. Save this recipe and follow it when needed, to get compliments for your cooking skills from everyone at the dinner table.
Preparation time: less than 30 mins
Cooking time: 10 to 30 mins
- Spray olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless and trimmed – (200g each)
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 thick garlic clove, crushed
- 100g mixed mushrooms or chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 250ml chicken stock (made with ½ a stock cube)
- Salt and pepper
- 100ml half-fat crème fraiche or sour cream
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley for garnishing
- 300g steamed broccoli, to be served with the mushroom chicken
- Heat the spray oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the chicken breasts, and fry them for about 10 minutes, or until they are well browned on both sides. Then, keep them aside for a while.
- In the same pan, add a little more oil and fry the onion for 2–3 minutes, or until it appears to be translucent. Add the garlic and fry for another 1–2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and fry until they are golden-brown. If they start to stick, add a little stock to the pan.
- Put the chicken back into the pan and stir in the stock. Bring to boil, then cover the pan with a tight fitting lid, lower the heat and simmer for 12–15 minutes, or until the chicken is properly cooked. Don’t forget to add salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Side by side, cook the broccoli in salted boiling water until it becomes tender.
- Stir the crème fraiche/sour cream and parsley into the sauce and serve immediately with the broccoli.