- Vendor Info
- More Products
Konjac glucommanan powder or powder is derived from the root of a starchy tuber plant, known as the amorphophallus konjac plant, which belongs to the Araceae genus family grown in China and Japan, where it has been harvested and consumed for centuries. Sometimes referred to as glucommanan, which is actually the polysaccharide extracted from the konjac plant’s corm or tuber, it has many health benefits and culinary uses. Konjac is a soluble fiber with an exceptionally high viscosity due to its high water-absorbing capacity that be used as an emulsifier and stabilizer in foods, beverages, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals.
Some fast facts:
– Konjac is gluten-free, and because it is mostly fiber, it is an insignificant source of carbohydrates and calories.
– Konjac powder lowers the glycemic index of the foods you eat.
– Konjac fiber promotes satiety, or feelings of fullness, making it effective at controlling appetite and helping with weight-loss.
– Konjac powder is one of the most powerful thickeners (absorbs about 10x its weight in water!), giving it great value culinary value and usefulness.
- Store Name: Healthy Bazaar
- Vendor: Healthy Bazaar
The address is First Floor, Plot no 22-C, Stadium Lane No.3, Near Defence Authority Zamzama Club,Khayaban e Shamsheer, Phase V Khadda Market Defence Karachi
- 5.00 rating from 3 reviews